[Zope3-dev] unit tests hanging in zope.fssync.tests.test_network.TestNetwork

Anthony Baxter anthony@interlink.com.au
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:42:49 +1000

Running the zope unittests for me hangs in

test_httpreq (zope.fssync.tests.test_network.TestNetwork) ...

This is on a Redhat9 laptop. The process doesn't seem to be
doing anything - strace shows it sitting in a futex() call into
the kernel. The process hangs hard and needs a visit from the
SIGKILL fairy to come back. INTR, TSTOP and the like are no
use.

Running test.py -vv zope hangs. Every time.

Running test.py -vv zope.fssync doesn't hang, even when left
running for several minutes with -L. I'm heading out now for
a few hours, but will try to narrow down the list of tests
needed to cause the hang. Just
"python2.2 test.py -vv 'zope.(app|fssync)'"
is enough to trigger the hang.

As just zope.fssync test works fine - something must be
getting consumed earlier in the test suite... ?

Anthony