[Zope3-dev] XMLed ZODB

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:18:18 -0500

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 15:49, Tim Peters wrote:
>> [Garrett Smith]
>>> Is there a way to configure the ZODB in Zope 3 to using XML
>>> pickling?=20
>>=20
>> Nope, and regardless of ZODB or Zope version.  ZODB not only uses
>> cPickle pickles, it uses undocumented features of cPickle (for
>> maximum efficiency).=20
>=20
> Although ZODB4 restricts its use of cPickle to zodb.serialize.  In
> principle, you could replace that module and provide a different
> serialization layer.  I'd like to make it easier to slot in different
> serialization layers, but it's not a high priority.

What do people use to debug the contents of the ZODB? E.g. I'd like to
confirm that an index contains correct info without having to add print
statements to my code. (I realize that unit tests are the most thorough
way of testing, but I'd still like to peek into the ZODB from time to
time.)

 -- Garrett