[Zope3-dev] Extending a top-level ZConfig schema

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:48:21 -0400

Phillip J. Eby writes:
 > There doesn't seem to be any way to extend a top-level ZConfig schema (as
 > opposed to a schema component); are there any plans to change that?

I'll take this opportunity to note that I expect to completely re-vamp
the "extension" support.  There's currently some machinery that tries
to extend components, and that hasn't been useful since schema
components are now loaded from Python packages.  I'm not aware of any
application of the current mechanism (though the basic component
support is used in just about every non-test schema I've written).

Before I rip that out, along with the associated tests:  Is anyone
*using* the component extension support?  If you're relying on a schema
then you're using it, otherwise you aren't.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation