[Zope3-dev] EditView bug?

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:17:28 -0400

On Thursday 10 July 2003 14:10, Dominik Huber wrote:
> today i wanted to write an edit-handler deriving from editview.
> all the time i got an unexplainable forbiddenattribute error (cp.
> attachment).
>
> the error occures because the _setUpWidget() (form/utility.py) uses the
> content-object itself as default value instead of the appropriate adapter
> for the schema i wanted to use.
>
> to get the correct result the adapter must pass through the
> setUpEditWidgets-call.

Right, people reported this before. The problem was somehow solved in some way
in the NewsSite product. You might want to look at it.

But then, maybe your proposal is accepted. :-) I don't want to make the call,
since it might have greater implications or requirements.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter