[Zope3-dev] TextWidget and __values

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:38:32 -0500

Does anyone mind if I change __values in TextWidget to _values?

It's not much use overriding _select when you can't get to 'values'.
Alternatively, _select could be spelled

  def _select(self, values, selected, missing):

but _values would be more consistent with the current class design.

Btw, my use case: I'm creating an object selection widget that edits a
non-string property-- e.g.. select 'Foo' or 'Bar' from the list and get
a clone of an object from allowed_values. I don't believe this is the
same as a vocabulary since the user can edit the cloned object without
effecting the original allowed_values (or vocabulary).

 -- Garrett