[Zope3-dev] Unicode in Zope3

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:09:36 -0400

On Saturday 12 July 2003 04:13, Andreas Jung wrote:
> A while ago we had the discussion about how unicode is treated in Zope3.
> What is
> the current state of the unicode support in Zope3? Are strings always
> unicode?
> Are there any checks for unicode enforced on the API level?

All human readable strings are unicode, well soon they will be message ids,
since human readable strings must always be translatable.

All inputs (Web browser data, ...) is converted immediately to unicode, so the
user never gets non-unicode strings.

A few objects do some additional checks for unicode, but this is often not
necessary.

Regards,
Stephan
--