[Zope3-dev] field validation in edit form

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:08:39 -0500

Richard Jones wrote:
> The standard EditView doesn't validate data - the Widgets comprising
> that view do so (via the Fields that they represent). To perform
> View-level validation (eg. validating fields against each other)
> you'll need to write your own View which performs that additional
> validation after the getWidgetsData call.

While the widgets perform the field level validation, the edit form
manages widgets and the object update. It seems odd to me not to apply
validation logic in this context.

What's wrong with performing simple validation, including checks for
required, and let developers override things if they want to?

 -- Garrett