[Zope3-dev] workflow states and permissions

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
14 Jul 2003 00:18:09 +0200

Hi!

I'm still digging through workflows, can't get them to work, and waiting
for srichters cookbook. But till then, I have one more question:

Is there a way to bind permissions to states? What I mean:

For example, we may have a simple flow: On creation, a item is privat,
and after approval, it will be public. Until now, it seems to me, if
workflow state changes, I have by hand to adjust permissions on this
object, setting it from "only owner and manager have zope.View" to
"everybody have zope.View". Is there, or will be there a way to to this
automaticly with workflows.

Just filtering by state in content listings isn't enough, because,
someone may guess the id, and type in the url by hand.

Bye
   Marcus