[Zope3-dev] workflow states and permissions

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
13 Jul 2003 21:58:46 -0400

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 21:08, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Sunday 13 July 2003 18:18, Marcus J. Ertl wrote:
> > Is there a way to bind permissions to states?
>
> Yes, this is a very important issue that has not been addressed yet. I was
> looking for this over the weekend as well. Maybe you should make this a bug
> collector entry.

Because the workflow engine is not just "DCWorkflow-in-Zope3", it may
not be sensible to have such a tight coupling:  "activity-based"
workflows, such as OpenFlow, don't have the "set the permission map"
meme.

The intended way to achieve that meme was via event listeners, perhaps
managed by the same "content workflow" component that associates given
process definitions with content based on their "content type"
interfaces.

Tres.