[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:32:30 -0500

Tres Seaver wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 18:35, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> - Separated presentation code into separate trees to make it
>>    easier for people working on presentation only.  The idea was
>>    that presentation folks didn't want to scan through the regular
>>    sources to find presentation code.
>=20
> I think this was a false goal:  we were trying to satisfy an audience
> who doesn't (yet, anyway) exist, penalizing the folks who actually
> work in the Zope3 code every day.

I'd argue that, even if this audience existed, they would have a hard
time with the current organization.

In my experience, no one generically says, "I'm going to work on UI now"
but rather has a very specific objective..."I'm going to work on the
File edit form." How does the current source organization help them?=20

zope->app->component ... huh? oh...that's
right...zope->app->browser->component...duh...forgot my role as a *UI*
guy

Btw, one only need observe the transition of workflow into the main CVS
trunk to see the problem -- like pouring water onto a fan ;-)

Stephan Richter wrote:
> So, going back (for example) to
>=20
> zope.app.workflow