[Zope3-dev] bug setting value to None via edit form

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:15:16 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
>> An empty string is not missing/unknown -- it's known and zero-length.
>=20
> That's depends on the application. Perhaps that is the case in your
> application. It is not the case in some of mine.

Actually, I did just make a design decision to store missing strings as
None. But I probably actually want them stored as empty strings. This is
a bubaboo in relational databases as well, where empty strings and nulls
are often treated synonymously -- messy, but a reality.

Convinced (shaking fist in anger) ;-)

 -- Garrett