[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:48:10 +0300

 >  I avoided XML
> namespaces, used elements instead of attributes,

I can't see that you used elements instead of attributes in any way that
is different from zcml.

The original discussion about zcml was of whether to put text in
elements or in attributes. So rather than this:

<mapper name="AccessControl.User.UserFolder"
   extends="base" parent="root">

...the argument was for this kind of thing:

<mapper>
   <name>AccessControl.User.UserFolder</name>
   <extends>base</extends>
   <parent>root</parent>

I'm glad you've chosen to put text in attributes rather then elements
for ape config. I expect to use ape in the future, and I find this style
easier to read.

 > allowed elements in elements,

zcml allows this, but only to a single level. I'd like to change this,
and have some plans for doing so, but I doubt I'll ever get around to
even prototyping it :-/

--
Steve Alexander