[Zope3-dev] bug setting value to None via edit form

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:41:25 -0500

Casey Duncan wrote:
> I agree that None may, in some cases, be a legitimate value that does
> not imply "missing". However, it is convenient in the common case.
> Therefore to me it makes sense to improve field such that the missing
> value can be overridden in cases where None is not the missing value.

Yep...this is the way it's implemented currently (recent change). Fields
can override missing_value, which is None by default.

For all my huffing and puffing, I really like the current approach :)

 -- Garrett