[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:07:58 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Monday 14 July 2003 16:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > I'm quite open to this proposal and would be curious to here what other
> > people think.
>
> YAGNI for the limitations you state in your E-mail. If someone is not using
> schemas for their content objects, they are not understanding the
> framework. ;-) Isn't it beautiful not to write tedious HTML forms anymore?

I'm not convinced all schemas are then really generic enough to
need to be in their separate interface hierarchy; they seem to be
specific to one particular content object.

The point about the interface hierarchy is to allow multiple implementations
of the same interface. Are the schemas described here designed with this
in mind? Or does one really only ever expect a single implementation?

Regards,

Martijn