[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:13:43 -0400

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 10:13, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I thought the complaint was that interfaces are required too early --
> that one might not know enough about the problem/solution to create an
> abstraction at step 1.
> If you have an existing class, I would think it very easy to pick apart
> the interface you want to expose. Personally, I like this step -- it
> gives me a (brief) moment to think about and express how my code
> interact with others.

This is the same for me. This model works really well for me!

> Re schemas, my point was that, for developers that want to get up and
> running quickly and later have the opportunity to change, schemas are a
> great place to start.

Right, I even found that if you keep your code well designed, you can use the
autogenerated forms even for end user code. I did this for ZWiki, where I
simply created a new skin.

Regards,
Stephan
--