[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:32:53 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I think it's worth brainstorming other ways to help people find views
> and interfaces:
> - Make a utility that generates static HTML reference docs.
>
> - A GUI or web interface browser.

It should be easy to set up and use, so I think these are the best options.

> I would guess that any of those ideas would be as effective for UI
> designers as physically locating the views and interfaces in one place.

That is a point. One issue though is of course that interfaces can
have multiple implementations, and that if interfaces are in the same
package as implementation, you are required to install this
implementation. This is rather odd.

Again I'm coming back to the point that many interfaces only seem to
have a single implementation and are expected to have only one for
the forseeable future. I also think this is a bit odd; how do you
know the interface is the right abstraction in this case?

Regards,

Martijn