[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthan interfaces.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
17 Jul 2003 12:47:19 -0400

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 12:30, Steve Alexander wrote:

> > If the interface is just a placeholder used to mark the class, I'd
> > rather register against the class directly.  What's the point of adding
> > dead chickens? :-).
>
> I agree. The nonceInterface thing is to suggest a way that this can work
> if it is not possible to alter the component lookup stuff to accommodate
> registering against a class.

As an alternative spelling, could we add ZCML directives to declare
marker interfaces, and bind them to instances created through a <class>
factory?  Then we wouldn't need any dead chickens in the Python code at
all;  they would all be in the ZCML deep fryer.

Tres.