[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthan interfaces.

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:44:52 +0200

Garrett Smith wrote:
> Steve Alexander wrote:
> > Why nonceInterface()? It is like a "nonce word".
>
> >    For the nonce, OE. for the nones, a
> >       corruption of for then ones, where n. in then is a relic of
> >       AS. m in [eth]am, dat. of the article and demonstrative
> >       pronoun, E. the.
>
> So, my question is, which is more tedious:
>
> 1 - Understanding the above definition of 'nonce' (whaaaa?)
>
> 2 - Typing:
>
>   class IFoo(Interface):
>      """Public contract of Foo -- XXX under development."""
>
> I know we like quick-and-dirtly, but come on ;-)

Questions:

IFoo is going to be where? Which import statement from where? There's
also an __implements__ line you need to maintain. This is definitely
more overhead and things you can do wrong than just remembering how
to spell nonce. :)

I also understood from Steve that marker interfaces won't work this way,
as the security machinery can get into the way. It needs to be
able to find the methods on the interface. Don't know the details though.

Regards,

Martijn