[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:50:23 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> rather than interfaces.
>=20
>=20
> Jean Jordaan wrote:
>> I think this is an important thread, and I hope something gets
>> threshed out that satisfies Martijn .. his concerns sound valid.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> I think Steve's idea (that I helped with, but it's mostly Steve's by
> now) is a good one, so I supposed nonceInterface. I certainly am not
> tied to the word 'nonce'. :)

This is one approach I really hope does not come to pass, regardless of
the word chosen.

This will end up being one of those 'things' people end up using without
knowing what's going on. To remedy that, you've got a couple options:

- Tell them, "just do it...it's too complicated to explain"

- Explain what's going on behind the scenes...the whole class evolution,
etc.

Either approach is reasonable -- some developers will be happy with
option 1, others will want to know what's going on and take option 2.

But isn't that *exactly* where'd they be in the first place with IFoo?
So, we've just created some idiomatic construct...for what again?

 -- Garrett