[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthan interfaces.

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:02:27 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Of course this is a good argument for views directly on classes, as:
>=20
> class Foo:
>    def hello(self):
>        return "Hello world!"
>=20
> is even less stuff to explain.

+1

Now when a developer get hooked on how easy it is *not* to write and
maintain an interface, what are the incentives for getting him/her to
move toward IFoo?

>> Were I teaching someone Zope 3 development, I'd
>> start out with a big disclaimer: "don't be lured into thinking this
>> is a no-brainer just because you're using Python".

> But besides this, lots of the people that will come into Zope 3 will
> not be Python programmers in the first place. They will hardly be
> programmers. If you have to explain interfaces and unit testing to
> them before they see "Hello world" when they start out with Python,
> then this is bad.

Well said :-)

But I'd still prepare *my* pupils for the hard road ahead ;-)

 -- Garrett