[Zope3-dev] Schema, widget and form refactoring (was Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS:Zope3/src/zope/schema - _bootstrapfields.py:1.19.2.1)

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:50:35 -0500

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>=20
> Garrett Smith writes:
>  > I might be knee-jerking from UI frameworks that keep the view and
>  > controllers separate.
>
> There's certainly a place for that, and I wouldn't mind having things
> be a bit cleaner, but separating the conversions out doesn't seem like
> it would actually help.

Oh yes...would help very much :-)

I think much of the convolution of the current form/widgets mechanism is
due to this tight coupling.

But forget that nonsense -- let's get *done* with this :-)
=20
>  > Yes...I've gotten very tired all of a sudden.
>=20
> Hehe... my master plan becomes clear!
>=20
>  > It gets somewhere when you submit forms that don't contain all of
>  the > fields. This doesn't happen with casual use, but when you
>  write ftests, > it shows up glaringly.
>=20
> I'll look at those.  I don't think we supposed to be instantiating
> widgets that aren't being used in a specific form.

How would you document the current _showData() method? What would you
call it instead.

 -- Garrett