[Zope3-dev] Schema, widget and form refactoring (was Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS:Zope3/src/zope/schema - _bootstrapfields.py:1.19.2.1)

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:17:28 -0500

Stuart Bishop wrote:
> Is the example using the Tuple and Object schema fields detailed
> in src/zope/app/browser/form/widgets.txt suitable?

> I'll try to scare up time to write the functional tests for
> the existing Wizard code, so Garrett knows what else he is breaking.
> In particular, in editwizard.py, I'm calling getWidgetsData with
> strict=3DTrue, and I need it to throw a validation error if a required
> field is missing. This is so the Wizard knows if it can move onto the
> next/previous pane or not. When I'm calling applyWidgetsChanges,
> I'm expecting it to not throw any exceptions because all the data
> has already been validated.

That would be great! I created a support.py module for use in my widget
testing, which you may find useful. I could move that over to the head
if you'd like. It does things like:

 - hook up classes and interfaces to forms (just the edit form
currently)

 - check for key messages, e.g. "Updated", for assertions

 - check for certain error messages

Let me know.

 -- Garrett