[Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:42:09 -0400

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> And there's yet another possible approach...  Have Zope depend on
> specific I*Reactor interfaces in place of asyncore, but don't
> necessarily depend on Twisted itself.  I'm not sure if this meets the
> intended goals for Zope/Twisted integration, but it's a useful first
> step.  If this is useful, PEAK has an "UntwistedReactor" class that
> implements a useful subset of the Twisted reactor interfaces, enough to
> be able to have a select loop and scheduled callbacks.  It's ZPL/PSF
> licensed, so you can steal it fair and square.  So, as long as the
> existing Zope 3 server code just expects to be woken up by asyncore for
> reads and writes, it should be pretty adaptable to the reactor
> interface, at which point it could be hooked into Twisted or into a Zope
> 3 mini-reactor.

That sounds great.  Do you have a ViewCVS link?

The one feature that we'd need beyond the simple "wake me up when
something is ready" interface is the trigger interface.  It lets a
thread tell the main thread to wake up immediately.  I'm pretty sure
Twisted includes this, but I don't remember where.

Shane