[Twisted-Python] Re: [Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
29 Jul 2003 00:21:45 -0400

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:16, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> I have been considering approaching the Python team to ask about
> relicensing / including portions of twisted.internet in core Python at
> some point, since it seems to have eclipsed asyncore in terms of
> popularity, but I am sure that such discussions would be fraught with
> subtle corner cases and versioning issues, and I am very, very short on
> time at the moment.  However, if another member of the Twisted team
> would like to take up this discussion, either about core Python or
> about Zope 3, I'd be more than willing to appoint a proxy.

And on the positive side, since Python 2.3's going out tomorrow, and
judging from the time between 2.2 and 2.3, we'll have at least 18 months
from now to make anything like this happen for Python 2.4. :)

let-the-peps-begin-ly y'rs,
-Barry