[Zope3-dev] State of Virtual Hosting

Peter Simmons pete@bcmpweb.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:01:31 +1200

> I still don't understand all the bloody ++'s.  Is there some
> different  behavior between ending something  with ``++$1`` and
> ``++/$1``?  Or is  that between @@foo and @@/foo ?

@@ means view (Jim explained it looks like a pair of eyes :-), so @@foo
is the foo view on some object, I don't think @@/foo would really work
but maybe it does, the default view or something, anyone know better

++ is used to define new contexts I think, like ++skin++Melbourne or
++etc++Services the part after the ++skin++ is the skin name and after
++etc++ the thing inside the etc object. Someone please help that's a
terrible explaination.

Anyway the idea is that these notations make things more explict. Like
everything though the more you are saying the more you need to understand.

Cheers,
Pete