[Zope3-dev] State of Virtual Hosting

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@centras.lt
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:45:32 +0300

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 06:48:56PM +0200, Marcus J. Ertl wrote:
> These are my rewrite rule (one per line):
>=20
>       ProxyVia On
>       RewriteEngine On
>       RewriteRule ^/zope3$ /zope3/ [R=3D302]
>       RewriteRule ^/zope3/(.*)
> http://localhost:9080/++vh++https:tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de:7443/++/$1
> [L,P]

That's an interesting port number (7443).  And you need to prepend
/zope3 to the generated urls

  http://localhost:9080/++vh++https:tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de:7443/zope3/++=
/$1

> Seems to work, because I can see the zope page, if I browse to
> http://tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de/zope3/,

One moment, I thought you had a rewrite rule for browsing
https://tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de:7443/zope3/

The part between ++vh++ and ++ should match the URL you use to access
the rewrite rule.

> but without css and images.
> Zope doesn't change all the links inside the page from localhost:9080 to
> the trian....-url.

Strange.  What do the links look like if you browse to

  http://localhost:9080/++vh++http:www.example.com:1234/xyzzy/++/index.html

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Science is to computer science as hydrodynamics is to plumbing.

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX--