[Twisted-Python] Re: [Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:36:16 +0200

Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> I dread the day that parts of Twisted start making it into Python
> core. If it ever does, though, I want to "brute-force" the versioning
> issue and put it in a top-level package with a name other than
> "twisted" (And I'm sure Guido would agree, as he doesn't like names
> like "twisted" and "optik"). That way if we continue to develop bits
> that are also in Python, there will be no versioning clashes. We've
> all seen this issue with the (*flinch* *flinch*) `xml' package.

If when the time comes you need a witness to speak up about the horrors
of the xml package versioning in order to convince the right people that
what you are suggesting is the only right solution, just let me know
and I'll bark my head off. :)

Regards,

Martijn