[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Development Cookbook

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:43:50 -0400

On Friday 30 May 2003 20:01, Barry Pederson wrote:
> Maybe the recipes should be grouped in to "beginner", "intermediate",
> and "advanced".

I have already flags of difficulty in the recipes. However, I do not think
this would be a good way to organize the book, but I have not found a better
one yet.

I guess I would like to group the recipes by general development topics, such
as "Content Components", "Networking", "Data Storage" and so on. I just do
not know what sections I will need. Inside these sections I will sort by
difficulty level or by flow of an example.

> I was kind of shocked to see "new network protocol" as the first recipe,
>   as in: "#@$*! ... that's what you're expected to start with!?"  and
> then see "new content object" at #6.

The recipes are in total random order right now.

> It's kind of like having a *real* cookbook start with "make a complete
> turkey dinner", and later on in the middle of the book find "how to boil
> water" :)

I know; the book is pre-alpha right now.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter