[Zope3-dev] browse implementors

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:09:28 -0400

On Monday 02 June 2003 05:14, Ulrich Schreiner wrote:
> as the new zope3 architecture works with interfaces i'm looking for a
> utility like "browse implementors" or something comparable.
>
> if i want to implement a interface it would be nice to sublcass a
> (default) implementation of the interface (or to implement and delegate
> to a default impl). but it is very hard to find implementors!
>
> well, this is much more a feature of a IDE than of zope RT system. but
> as the "magic keywords" 'implements, classImplements,
> moduleProvides,...' are zope specific it would be great to have some
> tools to find implementors of a given interface in zope.
>
> is there anything i can do except "grep"?

There is no such utility at this point and I don't know how easy it would be
to write one. However, I do not see many interfaces that already have an
implementation that I would use as base class.

BTW, I plan to have such documentation as part of the Development Cookbook I
am working on these days.

Regards,
Stephan
--