[Zope3-dev] FSMerger Test Failures

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:19:25 -0400

> Dunno if these are only failing on Windows, but could someone fix please :-)

That's not so easy.  The only way you can get this result is if you
have a program named "diff3" on your Windows installation that doesn't
behave like GNU diff3.  If you read the test file
(src/zope/fssync/tests/test_fsmerger.py) you'll see that it skips the
test if no diff3 is found or if the diff3 that's there doesn't
correctly merge a non-conflict (read the details of diff3_check()
please), but apparently your "diff3" passes that test but then doesn't
do something reasonable when a conflict is found.

I don't have access to your diff3, so I ask you to come up with a
better test that discovers how your diff3 misbehaves, or alternately
you can delete it or upgrade it to GNU diff3.