[Zope3-dev] test failure in checkClassInfo with Python 2.3

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:26:00 -0400

> >>Hmmm...  is TestCase a new-style class in 2.3?  Or do classic classes no
> >>longer use the dictionary returned by the class suite as their __dict__ in 2.3?
> >
> > The latter.
>
> The former is true, and acting on it fixed the test.
>
> >  The __dict__ attribute of a class returns a read-only
> > proxy for the real dict.
>
> That doesn't seem to be the case in Python 2.3b1.

I apologize.  I read too fast.  The read-only proxy is for new-style
classes only.  Classic classes haven't changed, but indeed
unittest.TestCase was promoted to being a new-style class in 2.3 (I
believe in part at Jim Fulton's request).