[Zope3-dev] Formatting of Created/Modified times

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:25:14 -0400

Currently, the Contents listing of a Folder shows the Created and
Modified date of objects, but not the time.

I'm working on an application where for testing it would be convenient
if I could see more precision, so I tried to add more precision.

I found out:

- Despite all the generality of the date and time formatters, it's
  remarkably hard to create a formatter that displays either the date
  or the time, depending on whether the time is more or less than 24
  hours in the past.  That's too bad, because all I need in my case is
  to see the time if the change was made recently.

- When I changed the code to display both date and time, it appears to
  be displaying UTC!  That's no good.

Is there anyone who understands this area of z3 enough to help me?