[Zope3-dev] Testing two Python versions at the same time

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:56:17 -0400

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > Jim discovers a trick to test a single zope3 checkout with both Python
 > 2.2 and Python 2.3: use the "in-place" build strategy for Python 2.2,
 > and use the "separate build directory" approach for Python 2.3.  I've
 > got the following changes to the Makefile, which lets me type "make
 > test" to test with Python 2.2, and "make test_build" to test with
 > Python 2.3.  Very handy.  Is this something to check in?

Neat, though the default settings should probably be the same, and
people could easily enough set just one of them to a different
version.  (Not that they could anyway, but it just feels less
prescriptive.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>