[Zope3-dev] ContextAware gone, xmldom broken

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:03:36 +0200

Steve Alexander wrote:
> >What do I do to make it work again?
>
> Ok, I've looked at your code.
>
> I can make it work by inserting bazillions of
>
>   _get_foo = ContextMethod(_get_foo)
>
> statements into the code.

That's what I feared. :)

> However, the code makes extensive use of context awareness.

Yup, it does. This is a rewrite from the extensive use of acquisition
in Zope 2.

(There are some fundamental problems with the whole approach so I'll also
investigate using some other python DOM, though I'll have to figure out
how to persist it (or whether there are other options). Something DOM-like
that's persistent is useful for a number of purposes. Integrating an
existing Python DOM would be a good test of Zope 3's abilities to
integrate with non-Zope python systems)

> I'll write a new ContextAware base class for you.

Thanks! I realized that was the plan anyway, it was just a rather
unfortunate coincidence (and amusing) that I checked this in finally
and then you went ahead and promptly (and inadvertently) broke it all. Since
I didn't want to come across as someone who checks in code *that* badly broken
I thought I'd bring it up. :)

Regards,

Martijn