[Zope3-dev] Daylight savings unittest errors

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:57:39 -0400

> I was wondering if anyone had taken a look at a couple items I filed in the
> collector 2 weeks ago relating to daylight savings time, along with patches:
>
>    http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/159
>    http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/160
>
> I'm still getting 6 unittest failures on my FreeBSD 4.8 machine (now
> running Python 2.2.3).  The code I suggested patches for seems wrong to me,
> but I'm puzzled why the automatic reports posted to the list show no
> failures - so I'm scratching my head a bit over this.

I can't reproduce your test failure of checkFullTimeStamp() in
test_timestamp.py.  But looking at the code in _timestamp.c, I get the
feeling that it is utterly incomprehensible, so I wouldn't be
surprised there's a bug.

Is there anyone around who understands the conversions in _timestamp.c?