[Zope3-dev] test.py

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@codeworks.lt
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:57:59 +0300

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:18:51PM +0200, Ulrich Schreiner wrote:
> i used to symbolic link my zope3 products in the "zopeproducts"=20
> directory. when doing this, the "test.py" script does not find my=20
> products and my tests.
>=20
> it seems that the "os.path.walk" only walks over directories and not=20
> over symbolic links.
>=20
> zope3 loads the products at startup, so it would be nice to have a=20
> test.py which does it too.

+1

The problem with following symbolic links is that they can form a cycle.
I do not think it is a very pertinent in this case.  Would anyone object
if I replaced the call to os.path.walk in find_tests with a version that
follows symbolic links?

> do i have a chance to use the "test.py" script? the "--dir" option does=
=20
> not work (or i misunderstood it, this is more likely :-).

--libdir seems to work, more or less.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Codeworks is available for Zope consulting -- http://www.codeworks.lt/