[Zope3-dev] Re: Containment constraints

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:17:45 -0400

Jim Fulton wrote:

..

> It might be useful to abstract the containment constraints into some
> separate specification and registry. This would allow the constraints
> to be shared among adding, copying and moving. Possibly, it would be
> simpler to express abstract constraints than to write constraining
> code in the various adapters.  We would need to come up with some ways
> to express these constraints.

If we go down this route, which I think we will, the constraint specifications
should include permissions.  That is, you should be able to say that you need
such and such a permission have such and such an object in such and such a
container.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org