[Zope3-dev] workflow-questions

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:48:37 -0400

On Saturday 14 June 2003 13:04, Administrator wrote:
> I'm still fighting with workflows. Is there a easy to use step by step
> guide, how to setup a workflow?

Not that I could find, however the newssite integrated a workflow (not very
clear and monolithic though). See NewsSite/workflow.xml and
NewsSite/newssite.py.

> If not, I will wait for srichter's  cookbook! ;o)

Right, however, it will be another two weeks before I get to it, since I am
going on vacation.

> Another one about workflows: If I have some states, and I want to have a
> transition from all states to one  target state, is there an easy way to
> setup this?

I checked the code and it does not seem to be possible at this stage.

> Something like: from * to hidden, if hidden is the target
> state? (In my special case, this transition should allow an board
> moderator to hide a mail from visitors view, no matter in which state it
> is!)

I think this is a very common use case; it would be best to send the
request/question to Ulrich. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--