[Zope3-dev] MinimalMemoryStorage test failure in Zope 3

Tim Peters tim@ZOPE.COM
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:20:25 -0400

[Barry Warsaw]
> I've been running the test in a loop for about 30 minutes, both while
> my machine is idle and while loaded up building/testing Python.  I
> haven't gotten the error even once.
>
> RH9, Python 2.2.3

OTOH, it's easy to provoke failures on Win2K.  Barry is going to try again,
under Python 2.3 CVS.  On Linux, 2.3 has a different Python lock
implementation, which should be more willing to switch threads more often.
Jeremy and I had reason to believe that this makes timing-related bugs
easier to provoke on Linux, while we were tracking down timing-related bugs
in ZEO over the past weeks (which are usually easiest to provoke on Win98!).

Marius, which OS and Python version were you using?