[Zope3-dev] FieldIndex?

Dominik Huber dominik.huber@perse.ch
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:30:37 +0200

hi marcus!

the main funcitonality of field- and textindex was already implemented by
someone else. during the europython sprint marius gedminas extended those
two index packages.

i try to reconstruct things from my novice point of view:

general:

- for each kind of index (at the time fieldindex and textindex) exists two
packages:
  zope/app/index/xx depends on zope/xxindex

- the interfaces are defined in zope/xxindex

- the zope implementation (zope/app/index/xx) depends on objecthub's event
service

- to test an index component in zmi:
  choose +[top] (navigation) >
  Manage Local Services (top)>
  Visit default package (top)>
  add a new Registration subscriber (common tasks)
  -> subcribe and register existing objects
  add a Field Index or a Text Index (common tasks)

field index:

- indexes all objects that implement a field
  with the choosen field_name (exp. title)

- or indexes all objects that implement a certain interface
  which provides a field with the choosen field_name

- multi field indexes are not provide yet (-> service)

- a stupid zmi test example (exp. interface IDublinCore field=title):
  create a folder bar with metadata title=foo
  create a pt foo with metadata title=bar
  add a new Field Index
  -> interface = 'IZopeDublinCore' field = 'title'
  -> suscribe Fiel Index
  -> query foo and bar

bye
dominik