[Zope3-dev] Re: ObjectHub should change data structure

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:12:45 -0400

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:

> It was very hard to reconcile the two requirements (big bucket and
> location-oriented security) until I stumbled on the idea of giving
> objects different parents for different purposes.  The security context
> changes according to the location through which the user views content
> objects, and content objects are allowed to be viewed through only
> particular contexts.

IMO a better way to approach this is to have a non-location based
(or an other-than-location-based) security policy.  Zope 3 will have a
more flexible security system that lets you organize security statements
in a way that fits your application, whether that be location, something else
or some combination.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org