[Zope3-dev] error reporting service -> error logging service?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 20:09:13 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I find the name "error reporting service" confusing.  Given what it
> does, the name "error logging service" would clarify its purpose
> better.
>
> Anybody care if I change this?

There has been a thread on this issue recently. Perhaps you can review
the thread before making a change?

Here's a mail with my rationale in it:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-February/005540.html

The thread "service names" started last month, and has had 6 emails this
month.

I think we're still waiting for the definitive consensus on this one :-)

I guess I should summarize the thread here so we can move forward.
I'll do that tomorrow, unless someone else beats me to it.

--
Steve Alexander