[Zope3-dev] Service names: Decision

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:29:02 +0200

I wrote:

 > So, here's my proposal: clarity is more important than consistency.
 >
 >      Authentication, EventSubscription, EventDispatch, ErrorLogging

Guido voted +1

Gary voted +1, but would prefer EventPublication

Shane voted +1, except for EventDispatch which he voted +0.5

Sean voted +1

Tres voted +1, except for EventDispatch which he voted -0.
He would much prefer EventPublication.

Stephan voted +1

Gregoire didn't vote, but offered a new proposal.

Considering the above, I think it is pretty clear what we should go for:

    Authentication, EventSubscription, EventPublication, ErrorLogging

For the record, the rest of the currently existing service names are:

    HubIds, Roles, Permissions, Adapters,
    Interfaces, Utilities, Skins, Views, Resources,
    Factories

Sean Bowman wrote:
 >  I'll be happy to make these changes when they're decided on.

Please, go ahead!

--
Steve Alexander