[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Zope3/src/zope/app/browser/skins/debug/exceptions.py:1.1

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:35:23 +0200

> I want the customization to occur in the template, not in Python.

Ok. That new adapters-in-path-expression syntax might help there.

> My main point is that I *don't* want to emit HTML from within a Python
> function:  that is what templates are for.  The current implementation
> computes a data structure from the traceback, but leaves its
> HTML-ification to the template.  This way, when I get lambasted for how
> ugly the rendered output is, I can reply, "Customize the template".

That sounds good in general. I think presenting a traceback well in a
particular medium is a complex task including various heuristics.

Take a look at zope/exceptions/exceptionformatter.py

It does a lot more than just convert a traceback to html.

--
Steve Alexander