[Zope3-dev] Tossing Data.fs considered harmful

Barry Pederson bp@barryp.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:45:21 -0600

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> I wonder if a reasonable middle ground is to offer conversion utilities
> between each milestone release.  Each time we release version N+1, we
> provide an upgrade script that deals with data from version N.  If
> someone wants to develop applications on top of Zope, they ned to stick
> to milestone releases.

I think that'd be pretty workable, as long as the milestones were more
frequent ... say monthly?    Maybe just pick a date like the 21st, and
then every month figure out what it takes to go from Feb 21st to Mar
21st, Mar 21st to Apr 21st, and so on.

Developers wouldn't have wait too long before using new features, but
would be somewhat protected from data loss.

     Barry