[Zope3-dev] absolute_url misconfiguration?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:14:04 -0300

Hi again,

Following up with the debugging, I figured out that the problem was
that I was using a different view type from the one registered for
AbsoluteURL.

Currently we have,

| src/zope/app/browser/traversal.zcml has this:
|
| ======================================================================
| <page
|     for="zope.app.interfaces.traversing.IContainmentRoot"
|     name="absolute_url"
|     class=".absoluteurl.SiteAbsoluteURL"
|     permission="zope.Public"
|     allowed_interface="zope.app.interfaces.browser.absoluteurl.IAbsoluteURL"
|     />
| ======================================================================

The default namespace for traversal.zcml is browser, this means that
absolute_url is a IBrowserPresentation type. The view I was creating
is registered as a IHTTPPresentation type. Now, if i change
AbsoluteURL to be a IHTTPPresentation, my code starts working. I saw
the messages asking to make sure we are using HTTP for the server
instead of Browser, so I suppose that the right one is to change
AbsoluteURL to use IHTTPPresentation. However, I guess there are loads
of other things that need to be changed beyond absolute_url.

Changing it to IHTTPPresentation would be:

<view
    for="zope.app.interfaces.traversing.IContainmentRoot"
    name="absolute_url"
    type="zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPPresentation"
    factory=".absoluteurl.SiteAbsoluteURL"
    permission="zope.Public"
    allowed_interface="zope.app.interfaces.browser.absoluteurl.IAbsoluteURL"
    />

So, now my question(s) is(are):

1. Should I worry about it? :)
2. If Browser is going away, should I change everything to use HTTP?
3. If not, what should I do?

Im a volunteer for renaming everything from Browser to HTTP and
make sure it works.

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Your files are now being encrypted and thrown into the bit bucket.
EOF