[Zope3-dev] i18n breaks Schema

Gregoire Weber gregweb@gmx.ch
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:04:12 +0100

Hi all,

>Do you all get this error? Which version of Python are you using? It
>definitely worked for Jim yesterday.

The others work on older checkouts.

The ones who instantiate NewsItems work on a checkout of yesterday
(exactly 2003-03-25 19:05 CET) and the problem has gone.
The problem is that there are some later checkins from Tres into
the core we need also.

The problem appears while adding a News Item. Exactly after pressing
'Return' after having entered a name.

The code invoked by this action is straight forward.

>(BTW, the error is caused by gettext, even though I know they are going to
>have a fishy isinstanceof() call somewhere there... I will look into it
>later, but try it with the latest Python 2.2 version and Python 2.3 CVS.

We all work with python2.2
Please have a look.

Gregoire

---------- Code snippets ----------

<http://cvs.zope.org/Products3/NewsSite/NewsItem/interfaces.py>

from zope.interface import Interface
from zope.schema import Text, TextLine, Datetime
class INewsItem(Interface):
     "Describes the representation of a news item."
     title =3D TextLine(title=3Du"News Title")
     lead =3D Text(title=3Du"News Lead")
     newsbody =3D Text(title=3Du"News Message")
     effective =3D Datetime(title=3Du"Effective")
     expires =3D Datetime(title=3Du"Expires")

<http://cvs.zope.org/Products3/NewsSite/NewsItem/configure.zcml>

<!-- stripped -->

<browser:addform
     schema=3D".interfaces.INewsItem"
     label=3D"Add News Item"
     content_factory=3D".news.NewsItem"
     arguments=3D"newsbody"
     name=3D"AddNewsItem"
     menu=3D"add_news" title=3D"News Item"
     permission=3D"zopeproducts.NewsSite.NewsItem.ManageNewsItems" />

<!-- stripped -->

<http://cvs.zope.org/Products3/NewsSite/NewsItem/news.py>

import persistence
from zope.component import getAdapter
from zope.app.interfaces.dublincore import IZopeDublinCore
from interfaces import INewsItem
class NewsItem(persistence.Persistent):
     """News Item.
     """
     __implements__ =3D INewsItem
     def __init__(self, newsbody=3D""):
         # XXX We don't know why setting newsbody=3Du"" does
         #     not save the newsbody value typed in in the
         #     form.
         self.newsbody =3D newsbody

    # etc.
Gr=E9goire Weber