[Zope3-dev] Schemas, Fields and Fieldsets

Ulrich Eck ueck@net-labs.de
28 Mar 2003 18:19:27 +0100

> Right now, you can easily render only certain fields from a schema.
But
> it takes extra work to logically group fields from a schema.
>
> I have had to do this for a project of mine using Zope 3, but I think
> this kind of feature should be present in Zope 3.

OTOH we need some clever way to build up forms from more than one
Schema.

at the DZUG-Sprint we worked on NewsItem/Site ContentTypes and we wanted
to be able to present the user a from that uses the content's fields and
some DublinCore Fields to be edited in one step.

We ended up in writing an adapter that subclassed from
ZDAnnotatableAdapter and extended it with some properties that store the
content-objects data in context.

Tres made it possible to use adapters for add/editforms but the
app/form/utility methods don't care about that so we had trouble to
stay in the right context (e.g. zmi_views were not displayed, because
we needed to make the context of that form the adapter)

the ability of grouping fields from 1 or more schemata to build
add/edit-forms would really rock.

so go for it :)

Ulrich Eck

Ulrich Eck