[Zope3-dev] Start-up time of Zope3 under MacOSX

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:42:54 -0500

On Monday 31 March 2003 08:38, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Zope3 (fresh checkout) takes about 20-25 seconds on my Powerbook (1GHz).
> A fresh Zope 2.6.1 checkout starts in less than 5 seconds. Are there any
> known reasons for this slow startup of Z3 especially because the Z3 source
> tree is much smaller.?

No, this is a Mac issue; Paul and Nathan (at the pycon sprint) reported this
already. I think it might be a DNS lookup that must timeout... any other
ideas? Maybe it is time for you guys to get out your debugger. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter