[Zope3-dev] Re: default objects in folders

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sat, 03 May 2003 06:29:46 -0400

Garrett Smith wrote:
> In Zope 2, an object named "index_html" would be used as a default view
> for its container. In Zope 3 there are default views, but currently the
> default view for a folder is to show folder contents.
>
> Will folders at some point (or maybe its there and I missed it) have the
> ability to use a contained object as their default view ala index_html?
> Or is there another approach being taken altogether?

Currently, folders display their index.html document if they have
one. They don't acquire this. That is, an index.html for a folder
isn't used for subfolders.  This is a policy of the defauilt view.
You can implement any policy you wish.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org